Search engine problems

Michael Fraase Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 17:30:05 -0600

I'm having problems with Frontier's search engine. While I was
prototyping our sites, I had Frontier running on port 88. I got
everything working and changed Frontier to port 80 (that was something
of an ordeal in itself).

The problem, as you can imagine, is that all of the content pages were
indexed when Frontier was running on port 88. All the search engine
results contain double references for each "hit" (one for the object
when it was on port 88; and one for the object on port 80).

How can I get rid of the "hits" on port 88?

Thanks.

--
Michael Fraase
ARTS & FARCES LLC