Possible bug in email notification

Michael Fraase Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 14:57:57 -0600

I don't know if this is something I'm doing wrong or a bug in
Frontier/Manila. Consider this paragraph from an email notification:

 [1]rLand's [2]ntier and [3]ila (Manila is part of Frontier) is the
content management system to which ARTS & FARCES /internet/ has
migrated from [4]e. I've been trying to get my head around Frontier and
Manila, off and on for the last month or so, and intensely for the last
week or so. Zope is an open source web application server that's
available at no charge; Frontier/Manila is a closed-source content
management system with an integrated web server, from a small developer,
that costs $900 per year.

Two big problems:

1. The referenced text associated with a link is incomplete.

2. The HTML formatting (ampersand character entity and emphasized text)
   isn't translated properly.

For what it's worth, Zope has significant problems with rendering text
from HTML as well.

--
Michael Fraase
ARTS & FARCES LLC