Membership/Bulletin Problems

Don Wolff Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 21:10:30 -0800

The prefs is checked correctly for the accounts. As a managing editor for
the site I don't even see the members that have joined the site. That is
what really worries me. Someone can join the site, and be able to login, but
there is no record, as far as I can see that they have joined.

-----Original Message-----
From: manila-newbies-admin@userland.com
[mailto:manila-newbies-admin@userland.com]On Behalf Of Barry M Katz
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 6:07 PM
To: Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Subject: RE: Membership/Bulletin Problems

After joining, login, then go to member/signup (just like you were going to
change your password).  Scroll to the bottom and make sure that the
bulletins preference is checked. We had LOTS of problems getting that to
stay on original signup.

Good luck

Have looked for this problem on the newbies site, to no avail. I am hosting
about 15 sites, and one of the features that one of my users would like to
take advantage of is the bulletins feature to all of the members, which is
where the problem lies. None of my sites are showing any meme bers listed as
being members, and thus no bulletins are able to be sent.

When I go to www.mysite.com/bulletins/list there is no one there, even
though I just joined as three different users. Does anyone have any thoughts
or ideas on this?

Could this also be related to the fact that I have configured my Frontier
server to display www.mysite.com/site1 as www.mysite.com. When I did that I
also lost the ability to use the gems feature. Any help on either of these
would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

-Don

 Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?
Don Wolff, Technology Coordinator
Phoenix-Talent School District http://www.phoenix.12.or.us
mailto:don.wolff@phoenix.k12.or.us
http://help.phoenix.k12.or.us