Getting hierarchyPath to work

Bob Kemp Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Mon, 08 Oct 2001 14:31:18 +0100

--=====================_354190068==_.ALT

Thanks Jim - I've emailed you separately. One thing I have noticed of more
general interest is that the name of the current page is appearing as a
live link

  - eg. Home | Standards and guidelines

which is of course redundant for anyone on that page. I've had a look in
the script but this isn't my forte, and I can't see anything relevant. Any
ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Bob

At 01:12 PM 10/8/01 +0100, Jim Byrne wrote:
>on 8/10/01 12:17 pm, Bob Kemp at robert.kemp@strath.ac.uk wrote:
>
> > Thanks to Jim, Ken and Brent.
> >
> > I opted for Jim's suggestion and got hold of David Bayly's scripts (which
> > look like a fantastic resource for those who are prepared to delve a little
> > further into Frontier). I had a little problem getting the
> > manilaExtras.breadcrumbs macro legal, but I now have working breadcrumbs -
> > great!
> >
> > The next thing is to get the site structure right, which now appears to be
> > where the real hard work is.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Bob
>
>Bob,
>
>E-mail me you site structure (or a bit of it) and I'll have a look at it.
>
>All the best,
>Jim
> >

> > At 04:45 PM 10/5/01 +0100, Jim Byrne wrote:
> >> Bob,
> >>
> >> I am using David Baylys 'breadcrumbs' macro along along with the
> >> homePageLink() macro to get the Yahoo affect.
> >>
> >> Have a look at http://www.ispn.gcal.ac.uk:81/lcil/services/training/
> to see
> >> if that's what you are after.
> >>
> >> Here is the code I have in my template:
> >>
> >> <P align="left"><strong>You are here:</strong> {homePageLink ("Home")} |
> >> {manilaExtras.breadcrumbs()}</p>
> >>
> >> Download a root with all of David's useful scripts from here:
> >> http://www.udena.ch/dbayly/Frontier6/ Scroll to the bottom of the page and
> >> download the 'public domain guest database'.
> >>
> >> I have also used the hierarchyPaths macro without any problems - for what
> >> it's worth. Do you have the syntax correct:
> >> {hierarchyPath}
> >>
> >> Jim

> searched

> but I'm
> is on

> >> --
> >> Jim Byrne Project Director, The Making Connections Unit, Glasgow
> Caledonian
> >> University, Glasgow G4 OBA, 0141 331 3893
> >>
> >> Everything you need to know about publishing accessible information on the
> >> Web.
> >>
> >> Connections Disability: http://www.connections.gcal.ac.uk/
> >>
> >> Scottish Disability Information Mailing list:
> >> http://www.connections.gcal.ac.uk/MailList/DisList.html
> >

>--
>Jim Byrne Project Director, The Making Connections Unit, Glasgow Caledonian
>University, Glasgow G4 OBA, 0141 331 3893
>
>Everything you need to know about publishing accessible information on the
>Web.
>
>Connections Disability: http://www.connections.gcal.ac.uk/
>
>Scottish Disability Information Mailing list:
>http://www.connections.gcal.ac.uk/MailList/DisList.html

--=====================_354190068==_.ALT

Thanks Jim - I've emailed you separately. One thing I have noticed of
more general interest is that the name of the current page is appearing
as a live link<br><br>
</u></font>which is of course redundant for anyone on that page. I've had
a look in the script but this isn't my forte, and I can't see anything
relevant. Any ideas anyone?<br><br>
Thanks,<br><br>
Bob<br><br>
At 01:12 PM 10/8/01 +0100, Jim Byrne wrote:<br>
robert.kemp@strath.ac.uk wrote:<br><br>
&gt; Thanks to Jim, Ken and Brent.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I opted for Jim's suggestion and got hold of David Bayly's scripts
(which<br>
&gt; look like a fantastic resource for those who are prepared to delve a
little<br>
&gt; further into Frontier). I had a little problem getting the<br>
&gt; manilaExtras.breadcrumbs macro legal, but I now have working
breadcrumbs -<br>
&gt; great!<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; The next thing is to get the site structure right, which now appears
to be<br>
&gt; where the real hard work is.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Cheers,<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Bob<br><br>
Bob,<br><br>
E-mail me you site structure (or a bit of it) and I'll have a look at
it.<br><br>
All the best,<br>
Jim<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; At 04:45 PM 10/5/01 +0100, Jim Byrne wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; Bob,<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; I am using David Baylys 'breadcrumbs' macro along along with
the<br>
&gt;&gt; homePageLink() macro to get the Yahoo affect.<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Have a look at
to see<br>
&gt;&gt; if that's what you are after.<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Here is the code I have in my template:<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; &lt;P align=&quot;left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;You are here:&lt;/strong&gt; {homePageLink (&quot;Home&quot;)} |<br>
&gt;&gt; {manilaExtras.breadcrumbs()}&lt;/p&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Download a root with all of David's useful scripts from here:<br>
&gt;&gt; <a href="http://www.udena.ch/dbayly/Frontier6/" eudora="autourl">http://www.udena.ch/dbayly/Frontier6/</a> Scroll to the bottom of the page and<br>
&gt;&gt; download the 'public domain guest database'.<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; I have also used the hierarchyPaths macro without any problems - for what<br>
&gt;&gt; it's worth. Do you have the syntax correct:<br>
&gt;&gt; {hierarchyPath}<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Jim<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; on 5/10/01 3:04 pm, Bob Kemp at robert.kemp@strath.ac.uk wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Hi all,<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; I'm trying to persuade the hierarchyPath macro to work with my site<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; structure to give a breadcrumbs feature a la Yahoo. I've changed<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; #hierarchy.prefs.flHierarchyPath<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; to true, and I've built a site structure in Prefs: Advanced.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; I tried putting the macro into the template, it didn't work, so I searched<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; the Userland site and found something from Ken Dow to the effect that the<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; macro has to be pasted into each page<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; (<a href="http://manilanewbies.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$1478#1483" eudora="autourl">http://manilanewbies.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$1478#1483</a>). Tried<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; that, and it didn't work.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Any pointers as to where I might be going wrong? The macro appears to be<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; legal. I thought I might have screwed up the site structure syntax, but I'm<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; not even getting the &quot;&quot; that would indicate the macro is working but is on<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; a page that isn't yet included in the site structure.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Thanks in anticipation,<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Bob<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; --<br>
&gt;&gt; Jim Byrne Project Director, The Making Connections Unit, Glasgow Caledonian<br>
&gt;&gt; University, Glasgow G4 OBA, 0141 331 3893<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Everything you need to know about publishing accessible information on the<br>
&gt;&gt; Web.<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Scottish Disability Information Mailing list:<br>
&gt;&gt; <a href="http://www.connections.gcal.ac.uk/MailList/DisList.html" eudora="autourl">http://www.connections.gcal.ac.uk/MailList/DisList.html</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br><br>
&nbsp;<br>
-- <br>
Jim Byrne Project Director, The Making Connections Unit, Glasgow Caledonian<br>
University, Glasgow G4 OBA, 0141 331 3893<br><br>
Everything you need to know about publishing accessible information on the<br>
Web.<br>
Scottish Disability Information Mailing list:<br>