Misdirected email

Manila-Newbies@userland.com Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:59:21 -0400

--------------9217B8C7C1DFD04370C3FD7A

We have received this misdirected email.

--------------9217B8C7C1DFD04370C3FD7A

To: Manila-Newbies@userland.com
From: Doc Searls <doc@searls.com>
Subject: Missconnections
Sender: manila-newbies-admin@userland.com
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 11:26:28 -0700

Normally when I first click on the "Edit With Radio" button on my
blog, the browser connects to /manilaEdit/editStory (as best I
recall) according to the progress line. (What do you call that line
in the bottom of browser window itself?)  But sometimes if the
machine has been on for awhile and I attempt the same thing, Radio
seems to forget something and attempts to connect to 127.0.0.1
(according to the same bar). The connection eventually fails. And the
only cure is to restart the machine. Restarting the browser and/or
Radio doesn't do it.

I'm guessing this has something to do with settings, but I have no idea.

That's with my main machine, a G4 PowerBook (Titanium) running System
9.1.  The browser is IE 5

On my *other* machine, a G4/500 dual processor with a freshly
installed System 10.1, I have a new OS X install, with 9.2 on a
second drive (partition). Yesterday I downloaded and went through the
install routine with Radio, putting it on the 9.2 drive (it didn't
install in the Applications directory, even though I told it to, but
I'm not sure that makes a difference).

When I try to Edit With Radio, I get the same thing as I sometimes do
on the other machine. It looks for 127.0.0.1, although the Address
bar shows a full URL, including /manilaEdit/ and so on. The browser
is IE 5.1 for OS X.

Any help ya'll can give me on either one would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Doc

Doc Searls            http://www.searls.com
doc@ssc.com     http://www.linuxjournal.com