{postime} macro - where is it?

David A. Bayly Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:21:59 +0100

>on 5/9/01 11:19 am, David A. Bayly at dbayly@udena.ch wrote:
>
>>  Jim,
>>
>>  This isn't really macro, it's a builtin macro that is handled in
>>  manilaSuite.filters.pageFilter. Notice that it uses the language
>>  based localisation,  I assume you speak English up there in Scotland,
>>  so as I read the code ,  since there is no setup for UK English as
>>  distinct from US English, you are getting US settings.
>>
>>  I suggest you write a macro that  builds  the string you want. Since
>>  you are a mac user, you will see  results from date.abbrevstrign and
>>  date.longstrign that reflect the control panel settings.
>
>Thanks David,
>
>Where should I put my macro?

If its for your server, anywhere convenient is the technical answer.
It depends on the context where is most appropriate.

But it doesn't matter as long as you make it a legal macro. (You can
use manilaextras.makemacrolegal or do it by hand,  the permission
entries  live at
config.mainresponder.prefs.legalMacros.["ManilaExtras.shortCutToMsgNum"].).

if its on a hosting server talk to the webmaster off list.

>Jim
>>

>>>  Where can I find the {postTime} macro  - so that I could copy it and alter
>>>  it for my own purposes? I've looked in manilaMacros in the
>>>manila.root and I
>>>  have looke in user.html.macros. If I do manage to find it and copy it where
>>>  is the best place to put the copy?
>>>
>>>  Thanks,
>>>  Jim
>>>
>>>  --
>>>  Jim Byrne Project Director, The Making Connections Unit, Glasgow Caledonian
>>>  University, Glasgow G4 OBA, 0141 331 3893
>>>
>>>  Everything you need to know about publishing accessible information on the
>>>  Web.
>>>
>>>  Connections Disability: http://www.connections.gcal.ac.uk/
>>>
>>>  Scottish Disability Information Mailing list:
>>>  http://www.connections.gcal.ac.uk/MailList/DisList.html
>>

>--
>Jim Byrne Project Director, The Making Connections Unit, Glasgow Caledonian
>University, Glasgow G4 OBA, 0141 331 3893
>
>Everything you need to know about publishing accessible information on the
>Web.
>
>Connections Disability: http://www.connections.gcal.ac.uk/
>
>Scottish Disability Information Mailing list:
>http://www.connections.gcal.ac.uk/MailList/DisList.html

--

- David Bayly.       Programmer and digest reader.     dbayly at udena dot ch
  		Digest Readers do it once a day.