Can't connect to server 127.0.0.1 (Jim Byrne)

Douglas Wagner Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 22:54:17 +0100

Hello Jim and Lawrence:
Thank you both for your replies.

I had all the databases loaded except manilaWebsites.root. That is now
loaded. And I note it's in the www folder in Guest Databases.

I'm using Internet Explorer 5.1 for Mac OS X.

After starting Frontier today I find I can no longer access the control
panel.
The precise errors are these:
The attempt to load 'Accessing URL: http://127.0.0.1:8080/controlPanel/'
failed.
And
The attempt to load 'Accessing URL:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/controlPanel/default' failed.

I can regain access to the Control Panel by running Setup Frontier.
That produces the error: Can't create the website for "createASite"
because it already exists. (That little gotcha could be removed I'm sure)

As usual, when I try http://127.0.0.1:8080/controlPanel/ I get the log
in dialog and I can list the prefs, default and test websites I've
created.

However, I can't access any of them. Error is: Connection failure has
occurred

DW