Can't connect to server 127.0.0.1 (Jim Byrne)

Jim Byrne Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:48:35 +0100

on 16/4/02 10:54 pm, Douglas Wagner at hdmw@mac.com wrote:

> I can regain access to the Control Panel by running Setup Frontier.
> That produces the error: Can't create the website for "createASite"
> because it already exists. (That little gotcha could be removed I'm sure)
Douglas,

There should be entries for 'CreateASite' in your members, ManilaWebsites,
discuss, and config (see manila/sites) databases. If one of these is missing
I suggest you delete them all and then run setup again. I am assuming that
the CreateASite Website is being created as part of the setup - and because
parts of it is already there, the setup is not able to complete the process
successfully.

If you want to try re-installing from scratch, there is a preference at
user.prefs.firstRootRun; set it to true.

Just some suggestions - it might be an idea to get feedback from others
about the above - just in case it's not a good idea to try to start from
scratch again - for some reason I can't see at the moment.

All the best,
Jim

--
Jim Byrne Project Director, The Making Connections Unit, Glasgow Caledonian
University, Glasgow G4 OBA, 0141 331 3893

Everything you need to know about publishing accessible information on the
Web.

Services: Website Accessibility Audits, Accessible Web design, Accessible
Website Management Training.

The Making Connections Unit: http://www.mcu.org.uk/
Scottish Disability Information Mailing list: