Headlines only (without using news items?)

David A. Bayly Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:16:22 +0000

Elvin,

It's not quite clear to me what you are trying to do, but let me
offer 2 pointers.

1) if you want to produce a page of headlines from the subjects of
Manila stories posted on a certain day, then the cleanest way is to
write a macro. This works if you have the skills and the control of
the server. If you have the latter but not the former, you could
likely use the metadata plugin and add metadata fields to each story
which you can then search  and use the hits to build your page. This
sounds hard, but is not, see
<http://zelotes.ent.iastate.edu/metadata/>

2) if you want to use Radio channels and build a tailored page then
you would do well to take  a look at what David Davies is doing here
<http://medweb5.bham.ac.uk/databases/interop/ltsnfeeds> , He
discusses it <http://radio.weblogs.com/0001161/>

HTH. Email me if you need clarification