Win2000 - 404 error for control panel after Frontier setup

David Carter-Tod Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 13:48:13 -0400

At 04:04 PM 7/8/2002 -0400, Mary_Mahling@es.blm.gov wrote:
>Hello all: I have been having trouble with my Frontier setup. I have also
>posted this to the Frontier message board but since I'm sure it's a newbie
>question I thought I would give this list a try. The server I have been
>trying to install Frontier on has its FTP access shut off. I have tried the
>Frontier setup application with two different IP addresses and once using
>the default website (localhost + port#) and each time the control panel
>page tries to render I eventually get a 404 error. Any ideas on what I've
>been doing wrong? Thanks in advance, Mary

what about 127.0.0.1?

Are you on a Mac?

What port is Frontier trying to run on?

Here's a pretty techy description of what might be going on:
http://frontier-osx.userland.com/stories/storyReader$445

Here's the conversation about it:
http://frontier-osx.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$445

Here's more:
http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$9991?mode=topic

David
--
David Carter-Tod
<wccartd@wc.cc.va.us>

Instructional Technologist/Distance Education Contact
Wytheville Community College, 1000 E. Main St.,
Wytheville, VA 24382
(wk) 276-223-4784
http://www.wcc.vccs.edu/

Online certificate in web site design: