"Can't read stream because the TCP connection..."

Doc Searls Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:22:40 -0700

At 10:10 AM -0400 7/12/02, Rodney Kratochwill wrote:
>Not sure if this is related to the problem Doc is having, but there
>is an article on MacFixit about MTU settings causing problems in
>some cases, especially with PPPoE connections.  Not sure whether
>your cable connection is using PPPoE or not but thought I'd mention
>it just in case.

It's DHCP. No PPPoE anywhere in sight. Very simple connection. There
is a hub and router involved, but I had the same problem when I took
them out of the chain.

And now the problem is gone.

Not sure what happened or who to thank, but::: thanks!

ds

Doc Searls            http://www.searls.com
doc@ssc.com     http://www.linuxjournal.com