Setting up Frontier questions:

Douglas Wagner Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 19:46:33 +0000

Hello:
I've just started my 60 day exploration of Frontier and Manila. I'm
using a Wallstreet PowerBook running Mac OS 10.1.3. My only network
connection is by modem to my local ISP, which doesn't run Frontier. I'd
like to explore two areas: static web site creation and setting up and
using Frontier as a server on my PowerBook.

However, at the moment I'm stuck at installation. I have the serial
number but how do I find the domain name of my computer. As my machine
is stand alone, do I use a dummy IP number? I don't run a mail server,
of course.

If I turn on the html server as the installation guide recommends, will
this allow me to simulate a server on my machine? Serve documents to
myself as it were?

Thanks: DW