Setting up Frontier questions:

Mark Gillingham Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 11:56:21 -0600

As you say--constant activity is part of Frontier. Radio was created for
folks like you (and others) who want to learn about Frontier, but don't
have a constant connection to the Internet. With Radio, you can use
Userland's constant server and your connection to it can be
intermittant. Radio is 95% of what Frontier is. You can learn about all
the tables, usertalk, callbacks, etc., just like in Frontier. So, I
suggest uninstalling Frontier and installing Radio. Then read everything
you can at the manilla.userland.com site.

Mark

On Saturday, March 16, 2002, at 04:41 AM, Douglas Wagner wrote:

> Hello:
> Further to the setup error:
> Returning to Frontier I find this error:
>
> <Can't create the website for "createASite" because it already exists.>
>
> And I notice Frontier is constantly active, repeatedly connecting to
> "install frontier at Userland" and reporting "waiting for data".
>
> Is this some sort of normal background activity or does this indicate
> an interrupted setup?
>
> Is there any formal documentation on how to set up Frontier and get the
> server working?
>
> (Bearing in mind this evaluation copy will be running on a single
> workstation with only a dialup connection).
>
> DW

Mark Gillingham
markgill@uwalumni.com
-