macro question

David Carter-Tod Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 08:15:09 -0400

At 05:27 PM 5/14/2002 -0700, Balzer, Ned wrote:
>The link resolves to
>http://mysite.mydomain.com/discuss/{responseMailto}
>
>What am I missing?  I'm wondering if it's in the wrong place in the frontier
>databases.  I searched and searched but could not find reference to the
>other two macros listed there: {responseList} and {responseForm} -- I'm
>thinking if I could find them, then I could just put my script in the same
>place and it might work.

macros inside tags won't evaluate unless you escape the tag.  In this
particular case this causes other things to be evaluated, like automatic
link activation, so you have to escape that too.  Something like this works:

\<A href=\"mailto:\//listserver\@mydomain.com?subject:Re:{title}">Post
response to listserver</A>

There is also a preference which you could set
processMacrosInHtmlTags

see http://frontier.userland.com/stories/storyReader$9297

There was a conversation on one of the lists about this recently.

HTH

David
--
David Carter-Tod
<wccartd@wc.cc.va.us>

Instructional Technologist/Distance Education Contact
Wytheville Community College, 1000 E. Main St.,
Wytheville, VA 24382
(wk) 276-223-4784
http://www.wcc.vccs.edu/

Online certificate in web site design: