html comment tags

Neville Hillyer Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:06:10 +0000

>I can't seem to get comments not to show up in the text of a page, even
>though I have made the !-- tag legal. Any other trick? any other tag I
>can use to have Manila ignore a comment i want to leave in the edit box?

Bob

By accident I found your message above. I am not sure if this helps but
some years ago I published the statements after this email.

On an unrelated matter - do you know how to contact the owners of QPQ?

Neville

Some early QPQ servers had a bug which removed data between quotation
marks within comments. This made it difficult to hide items within a
comment tag. A reasonable workaround for these servers was to use a
JavaScript tag instead. Incidentally putting a 'return' at the end of
every ssi and html page prevented these servers issuing spurious
characters.