Accessibility. Low vision. Vocalization software.

Al Mac Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:57:33 -0500

I suggest that people interested in seeking templates that generate more
accessible and usable web sites start with Mark Pilgrim's 30 days of more
accessible weblogs in which he explains many of what the problems are and
how to fix them.
http://diveintoaccessibility.org/

Disabled people using the Internet often have a much bigger problem than
having to deal with hostile web sites.  I share some of those problems here.
http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/08/10/blindOfNh.html

Keep in mind that most young people especially like the color combinations
that are hostile to the eyes of older people, and those with impaired
vision, and a majority of web creators, professionals even, could care less
about potential customers of a lower economic internet interface, and
deliberately create bandwidth blasts that make their sites non-usable to
people with dial up interfaces.  Thus, if there are templates out there
that are more compliant, those will not be very popular templates.  The
most you can hope for are templates that help people, who care about all
users, make truely usable and accessible web sites.

-
Al Macintyre (macwheel99@sigecom.net via Eudora)
Al's diary http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/
Cure cancer. http://members.ud.com/about/