how to rename/migrate a site

David A. Bayly Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:57:04 +0100

>How do I change the URL of a Manila site? Specifically, I need to change
>http://community.iuniverse.com/writing/ to
>http://community.iuniverse.com/poetry/.

You must have server access. Bring the root with the website to the
front. Highlight the website by placing the cursor anywhere in the
table called writingMnilawebsite. From the server menu, select
install site. Enter the changed url.

This is one case where writing becomes poetry easily. :-)

>Also, how do I delete an existing
>site such as http://community.iuniverse.com/delete_this_site/?

same thing, but pick uninstall site from the server menu. then close
the root containing it and throw the root away, or if there are other
sites in that root that you wish to keep, delete the table, then save
the root.

>Alternately, is it possible to migrate content (stories, DG, etc.) and
>members from one site to another? If so, how is this done?

yes, if you  install a plugin - I offer one free called manilafixer
that will do that and much else.  See
<http://www.baylys.com:8080/help/> for download instructions,  and
<http://www.baylys.com:8080/help/manilaFixer/> for documentation.

--

- David Bayly.       Programmer and digest reader.     dbayly at udena dot ch
  		Digest Readers do it once a day.