how to rename/migrate a site

Samuel DeVore Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:58:08 -0700

--Apple-Mail-4-809597600

In the server menu (of frontier) is a menu "Change Site Url..." find
the table in manilaWebsites.root that corresponds with the original
site (probably writingManilaWebsite, you can probably use the jump
command to get there) then with that table selected user the menu item.

It is possible to move content and members from one site to another but
it is a little tricky the above is a little better.

To delete a site use the uninstall site from the server menu while the
manila site to be deleted is selected.

Sam D
On Monday, September 23, 2002, at 10:28  AM,
Jeremy.Tredway@iuniverse.com wrote:

> How do I change the URL of a Manila site? Specifically, I need to
> change
> http://community.iuniverse.com/writing/ to
> http://community.iuniverse.com/poetry/. Also, how do I delete an
> existing
> site such as http://community.iuniverse.com/delete_this_site/?
> Alternately, is it possible to migrate content (stories, DG, etc.) and
> members from one site to another? If so, how is this done?
>
> --
> Jeremy J. Tredway
> Web Producer
> iUniverse
> jeremy.tredway@iuniverse.com
> ph 402.323.7800 x234
> icq 121659371

=======
See a new experiment: a dad and his two girls
http://scidzone.editthispage.com
join, see and share......
=======

--Apple-Mail-4-809597600

In the server menu (of frontier) is a menu "Change Site Url..." find
the table in manilaWebsites.root that corresponds with the original
site (probably writingManilaWebsite, you can probably use the jump
command to get there) then with that table selected user the menu
item.

It is possible to move content and members from one site to another
but it is a little tricky the above is a little better.

To delete a site use the uninstall site from the server menu while the
manila site to be deleted is selected.

Sam D

On Monday, September 23, 2002, at 10:28  AM,
<excerpt>How do I change the URL of a Manila site? Specifically, I
need to change

http://community.iuniverse.com/writing/ to

http://community.iuniverse.com/poetry/. Also, how do I delete an
existing

site such as http://community.iuniverse.com/delete_this_site/?

Alternately, is it possible to migrate content (stories, DG, etc.) and

members from one site to another? If so, how is this done?

--

Jeremy J. Tredway

Web Producer

iUniverse

jeremy.tredway@iuniverse.com

ph 402.323.7800 x234

icq 121659371

See a new experiment: a dad and his two girls

http://scidzone.editthispage.com

join, see and share......

=======</bigger></fixed>

--Apple-Mail-4-809597600--