Re Add to favourites

Lee Baker Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:00:43 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C3C34E.80DE65F0

Yes, I've pasted it. It makes no difference!

Any other suggestions?

Tried Solution 1. No luck. How do I do 2 or 3!? It seems a bit =
over-complicated for a cut-and-paste job! The MAKE HOMEPAGE hyperlink =
works fine!!

Here is some info from Steve Hooker:

Curly braces are used in macros and javascript. But these are two =
different languages. In this case legion is trying to add javascipt a =
template, so we'll stay with that language.

When one adds javascript to a template Manila still processes the =
template looking for macros to evaluate, those it finds it checks to see =
if they are legal, if they are, they're processed, if they're not =
they're neutered. Neutering merely means that the curly braces are =
turned into the HTML version of a curly brace, namely { or }. It does =
this to stop nasty or even destructive bits of code 'getting through.'

So, how do you do it? There's a place where you can add javascript =
without Manila looking at it thinking it's going to contain macros. =
Thus, it processes not ;-)

The solution, 1: You should put your JavaScript code for the template =
into the JavaScript section, in Editors only: =3D=3D> Prefs =3D=3D> =
Advanced =3D=3D> Javascript.=20

The solution, 2: You can almost always convert the JavaScript code into =
a function and then call that function from within the template or page =
using the SCRIPT tag. Be sure to legalize the SCRIPT tag before trying =
it in a story or message however.=20

The solution, 3: Store the javascript code as a gem with a .js =
extension. Then insert the gem into your story with the includeHttp =
macro. This actually works very well.

http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/lions/

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C3C34E.80DE65F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yes</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>, =
I've pasted it.=20
It makes no difference!</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any other suggestions?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Tried Solution 1. No luck. How do I do 2 or 3!? It seems a bit=20
over-complicated for a cut-and-paste job! The MAKE HOMEPAGE hyperlink =
works=20
fine!!</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Here is some info from Steve Hooker:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Curly braces are used in macros and javascript. But these are two =
different=20
languages. In this case legion is trying to add javascipt a template, so =
we'll=20
stay with that language.<BR><BR>When one adds javascript to a template =
Manila=20
still processes the template looking for macros to evaluate, those it =
finds it=20
checks to see if they are legal, if they are, they're processed, if =
they're not=20
they're neutered. Neutering merely means that the curly braces are =
turned into=20
the HTML version of a curly brace, namely { or }. It does this to stop =
nasty or=20
even destructive bits of code 'getting through.'<BR><BR>So, how do you =
do it?=20
There's a place where you can add javascript without Manila looking at =
it=20
thinking it's going to contain macros. Thus, it processes not ;-)<BR>
<P><I>The solution, 1: You should put your JavaScript code for the =
template into=20
the JavaScript section, in Editors only: =3D=3D&gt; Prefs =3D=3D&gt; =
Advanced =3D=3D&gt;=20
Javascript. </I></P>
<P><I>The solution, 2: You can almost always convert the JavaScript code =
into a=20
function and then call that function from within the template or page =
using the=20
SCRIPT tag. Be sure to legalize the SCRIPT tag before trying it in a =
story or=20
message however. </I></P>
<P><I>The solution, 3: Store the javascript code as a gem with a .js =
extension.=20
Then insert the gem into your story with the includeHttp macro. This =
actually=20
works very well.</I></P>
<P><EM></EM>&nbsp;</P>
<P><EM><A=20