Proxy Serving

Nathaniel I. Cordova Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Fri, 07 Feb 2003 09:17:46 -0800

Hi Folks:

After some interesting conversations with the technology folks at my
University it seems we are set to go with my Manila sites. They  have set up
a proxy so that folks from outside the University can have access to the
Manila sites I've set up for my students.

A few questions I have that maybe somebody can help me with:

1) If the address changes to say:

 http://www.mycollege.edu/ABC/DEF/mymanilasite

What changes do I have to make to my navigation links in order for them to
find the right pages? Will I run into trouble if I make relative links (as
they stand now in the Prefs:Advanced section?

2) Anything else I should be wary about when operating Manila through a
proxy? (transparent)

Best,

N Cordova
ncordova@willamette.edu