recording the date that someone joins a manila site

Alan German Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 06:09:33 -0500

> I am a novice and I've been trying to find a way to have the current=20=

> date saved when=A0a member joins a manila site. Is this possible? If=20=

> I've missed something obvious I'll go and stand in the corner.

Yes, it's possible, but how depends on what you intend to do with the=20
information. And it's probably not a typical newbie question.

Do you want to just peek at one user's date? Do you have access to the=20=

server? If so, click on the user's table in the Manila web site's=20
membership table and pick Get Info from the Table menu. The Time=20
Created is displayed in a dialog.

Do you want to display that value somewhere on a Manila page? If so,=20
you'll have to write one or more macros and use the timeCreated verb to=20=

obtain the creation date/time of the user's record.

HTH.

Alan