Bad links after moving a site

Colleen McBrien Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 15:04:22 -0900

  I just downloaded a site from the Manila server to our Frontier server
using the downloadMySite/MySite.root trick. The original site URL was
http://writeon.manilasites.com and I wanted the new address to be
http://pec1.jun.alaska.edu/writeon. I installed the site from the server
menu and designated http://pec1.jun.alaska.edu/writeon as the URL, but
when I tried to open the site from that URL I got an error message
saying "Sorry! There was an error: Cant evaluate the expression because
the name writeon hasnt been defined."

I am able to open the site from
http://pec1.jun.alaska.edu/writeonmanilasitescom and would be willing to
settle for that, but most of the links don't work because they are
pointing to http://pec1.jun.alaska.edu/writeon as the root level of the
site. I went into the #urls table of the .root file and manually changed
the URLs that were listed there. My problem is that there are still
dozens of links throughout the site that are pointing to /writeon
instead of /writeonmanilasitescom and I can't find a way into the HTML
code to make the changes. I can't even log in to access the code in the
usual way because the login page gives me the previously mentioned error.

In a nutshell I have two questions...

1. Can I somehow change the URL to http://pec1.jun.alaska.edu/writeon (I
tried the "Change Site URL" command in Frontier and nothing happened)?
OR....

2. Can I somehow access the HTML code on the Frontier server so that I
can manually change any offending links?

Thanks in advance.