Hosting question

Skip Dodson Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:20:49 -0400

--B_3141048050_13265633

I have used Weblogger, http://weblogger.com for several years and they do a
good job. They have recently announced a special educational hosting rate o=
$20 per year although I don=B9t see anything on their site. I suggest you
email Erin Clerico here
 http://theme2.weblogger.com/profiles/$1

Here is some information about the educational program posted on the
Educational Bloggers Network.

http://www.bayareawritingproject.org/ebn/

> And we found Weblogger.com , which has generously offered us just such a
> hosting arrangement. eBN members will be able to set up a single Manila s=
ite
> for an annual fee of $19.95. Proof of educational affiliation will be req=
uired
> and some limitations will apply. It's not free "digital paper," but it's
> close. Weblogger has experience , an excellent server set up and a range =
of
> special services of interest to educators.=A0 Details on the eBN hosting
> arrangements will be posted here in the next day or so.
>=20
Also consider:

http://ideaforest.net/
http://edithere.com/

Regards,

Skip Dodson=20

On 7/14/03 3:49 PM, "Chun Li" <cli@nyls.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone recommend a good host for Frontier?  I need to do some rapid
> deployment here... At first I was confused that the free hosting that cam=
> with Radio applies to Manila as well.  But I guess not??  Any ideas as to=
 the
> best route to take and some suggestions on a good host since we don't hav=
> anything internal yet?  I know as long as the host is based on IIS, it sh=
ould
> be fine.
> =20
> Thanks
>=20

--=20

--B_3141048050_13265633

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Hosting question</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">I have used Weblogger, http://weblogger.com for severa=
l years and they do a good job. They have recently announced a special educa=
tional hosting rate of $20 per year although I don&#8217;t see anything on t=
heir site. I suggest you email Erin Clerico here<BR>
&nbsp;http://theme2.weblogger.com/profiles/$1<BR>
<BR>
Here is some information about the educational program posted on the Educat=
ional Bloggers Network. <BR>
<BR>
http://www.bayareawritingproject.org/ebn/<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">And we found <FONT COLOR=3D"#769FE4">=
<B>Weblogger.com </B></FONT>, which has generously offered us just such a ho=
sting arrangement. eBN members will be able to set up a single Manila site f=
or an annual fee of $19.95. Proof of educational affiliation will be require=
d and some limitations will apply. It's not free &quot;digital paper,&quot; =
but it's close. Weblogger has <FONT COLOR=3D"#083E9A"><B>experience </B></FONT=
>, an excellent server set up and <FONT COLOR=3D"#769FE4"><B>a range of specia=
l services </B></FONT>of interest to educators.? Details on the eBN hosting =
arrangements will be posted here in the next day or so. <BR>
<BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Also consider:<BR>
<BR>
http://ideaforest.net/<BR>
http://edithere.com/<BR>
<BR>
Regards,<BR>
<BR>
Skip Dodson <BR>
<BR>
On 7/14/03 3:49 PM, &quot;Chun Li&quot; &lt;cli@nyls.edu&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Hi,<BR>
Does anyone recommend a good host for Frontier? &nbsp;I need to do some rap=
id deployment here... At first I was confused that the free hosting that cam=
e with Radio applies to Manila as well. &nbsp;But I guess not?? &nbsp;Any id=
eas as to the best route to take and some suggestions on a good host since w=
e don't have anything internal yet? &nbsp;I know as long as the host is base=
d on IIS, it should be fine.<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
<BR>
-- <BR>
<BR>
</FONT>