Fix to delete members?

Elvin Chan Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:44:37 -0500

> Subject: Re: Fix to delete members?
> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:19:31 -0400
>
> on 7/23/03, Elvin Chan wrote:
>
>> Is it still the case that one is not able to delete members unless you know
>> their email address? We have some old members on our list and are exploring
>> all non-Manila means to discover their email address to delete them from the
>> system. Anyone discover a Manila workaround?
>
> Do you have access to the server?
>
> Bob

We should working with our Manila host provider. What would need to be done
on server side?

> I went to Prefs --> Advanced --> Custom prefs and inserted the following line:
>
> <item title="Email Address:" type="string" adr="personalInfo.email"
> viewByEditorsOnly="true"/>
>
> this lets the editors only see a members email address when looking at the
> members profile.

> Karen L. McComas

I tried this and I'm afraid this won't work for my case since I'm looking
for the email address that our members are currently using to logon to our
system. This I believe would set up a different field for users to identify
their email address.

-elvin-