Database connectivity

Mark Gillingham Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Mon, 19 May 2003 07:25:08 -0500

--Apple-Mail-2--122019357

The Userland community has made attempts to create an ODBC hook to a
database. I've not been able to use it, but you may. There are other
options. First, Frontier is a database so your dates can be stored in a
db.root. You may also be able to use RPC to another RPC controller that
does work with mySQL.

Others will have more detail.

Mark
On Sunday, May 18, 2003, at 11:33 PM, Agarwala, Priyanka wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i have recently started developing a website using Manila for the
> first time. i am web developer usually work with ASP and SQL. now i
> have a list of bdays with me. i need to change the contents of a
> webpage to display only the bdays falling on the current date. how
> should i work this out. typially, i think i would have to store this
> data in a database and then retrieve from it. is it possible to
> connect to a sql or access database from userland to display dynamic
> pages? how should i go about with it? pls help.

Mark Gillingham
markgill@uwalumni.com
www.loftnet.com/roots/
-

[...]

with it? pls help.</smaller></fontfamily>

</excerpt>Mark Gillingham

markgill@uwalumni.com

www.loftnet.com/roots/

-