Port Forwarding

Kent J. Crippen kcrippen at unlv.nevada.edu
Tue Dec 21 12:34:59 PST 2004

on 12/21/04 12:11 PM, Lawrence Lee at lawrence at userland.com wrote:

> Hi Kent,
>
> Why are you trying to uncheck port forwarding? That's what Frontier uses to
> listen on port 80.

OK..

I now have port forwarding checked and set the "Actual Web Server Port" to
80. I set the Administrator password field on the same page to my user
account password for the OS (right?). Then, I get this message

"Sorry! There was an error: Can't bind listen stream because TCP/IP error
code -3212 - Permission denied.

The error was detected by Frontier 9.0.1 in mainResponder.respond.
Webmaster: kcrippen at unlv.nevada.edu. Time: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:21:24 GMT. "

When I go back to setup Frontier, the settings were saved, but I get nothing
from the Web. I've verified the DNS and tested to see if Apache will respond
on this machine from port 80 using personal Web sharing.

http://students.ci.unlv.edu

KC

Kent J. Crippen, Ph.D.
University of Nevada-Las Vegas