spam?

Simone Bettini simone at evectors.it
Sun Feb 13 02:30:18 PST 2005

Il giorno 11/feb/05, alle 17:40, Lawrence Lee ha scritto:

> Simone,
>
> There is a Manila comment callbacks available to directly deal with the
> comment box that you could tie into (and prevent updates from
> overwriting):

I know, the drawback of that approach is that it returns a 403
forbidden, so the spammer can realize the spam has been blocked and
change the attack kind. I saw that happen almost once and in a very
short time the bot came back with a slightly different message,
different IP, circumventing my filters.

IMO the best approach is to simply block the comment and return a 200,
so that it's less likely that the spambot detects the failure.

Simone