RSS feeds don't work right when rendered

Lawrence Lee lawrence at userland.com
Thu May 5 19:11:41 PDT 2005

Were you using the rssLink macro?

Lawrence Lee
UserLand Software
www.userland.com

-----Original Message-----
From: manila-newbies-bounces at userland.com
[mailto:manila-newbies-bounces at userland.com] On Behalf Of Scott Granneman
Sent: May 5, 2005 3:05 PM
To: manila-newbies at userland.com
Subject: RSS feeds don't work right when rendered

This is a weird one.

I have two sites: a dynamic (& password-protected) Manila-powered news site
(http://dev.granneman.com) and a statically rendered Apache site
(http://www.granneman.com).

If you go to www.granneman.com, you'll notice that the news is in the center
column, with the orange RSS button at the top. If you subscribe to that RSS
feed, or if you just view the RSS feed iself, you'll see that all the posts
link back to dev.granneman.com! Needless to say, this doesn't work for my
readers, since dev is password-protected.

It was my understanding that rendering would not do this, that RSS posts &
feeds, along with everything else, would adopt the new, statically rendered
URL.

How do I fix my RSS feed so that links in it point to www.granneman.com
instead of dev.granneman.com? Is this a Manila bug?

I thought of running a cron job every minute that would do a find & replace
for dev.granneman.com & change it to www.granneman.com, but that seems just
incredibly hackish.

Thanks.

Scott

--
R. Scott Granneman
scott at granneman.com ~ www.granneman.com
  Join GranneNotes! Information at www.granneman.com

"A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies."
      ---Oscar Wilde