New Message: Re: Attempted to read past end of file

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Jul 22 13:09:08 CDT 2005

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14165

By: Marty Crouch (marty at webvalence.com)

The advantage of using entropy's installer is that Marc has taken care of the Unix details. If you still have problems, keep in mind that it's best to use full paths with the unixShellCommands.

Here's a simple example that works on my system.

dialog.notify (sys.unixShellCommand("/usr/local/bin/identify /Users/marty/Desktop/analogo.gif"))

Where "identify" is the ImageMagick program and analogo.gif is a typical graphic on my desktop.

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.