New Message: Tallent ODBC extension in Tiger

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Jun 2 20:29:46 CDT 2005

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14105

By: Brian Ablaza (bablaza at stargroup1.com)

I've moved my OS to Tiger, and now the ODBC extension fails randomly. Sometimes it works, sometimes I get error that seem to show that my SQL commands are getting scrambled. For example, these are the QueryResults from sending the same SQL string through ODBC to MySql (the result is supposed to be empty):

---------------------------------- NEW QUERY ----------------------------------
QUERY STRING:
-------------
SELECT DISTINCT category FROM events WHERE site='gurgle';
-------------

{error} STATE=37000, CODE=1064, MSG=[OpenLink][ODBC][MySQL Server]You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 (1064)

QUERY STRING:
[...]

{error} STATE=37000, CODE=1064, MSG=[OpenLink][ODBC][MySQL Server]You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'yMinut ݈k' at line 1 (1064)

QUERY STRING:
[...]

Stephen, are you out there?

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.