New Message: Re: Basic Auth, Apache, & Frontier

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Jun 16 14:27:37 CDT 2005

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14119

By: Alan German (asg at erols.com)

Have you considered a proxy rewrite in your Apache config, for a path under your protected realm, that hands off a particular URL pattern to Frontier (on a port other than Apache)?

That would invoke Apache's Basic Authentication immediately -- Frontier won't know the difference. You can navigate out of the Frontier environment back to Apache. As long as you stay within the protected realm, your users will only be asked to authenticate once.

I can provide more details if you want to contact me directly.

Alan

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.