New Message: Re: Frontier and ssh

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri May 27 03:00:58 CDT 2005

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14083

By: David Gewirtz (david at zatz.com)

Brian, I don't think Frontier has an SSH routine, and there's some interesting security stuff that needs to happen. However, my understanding is that Frontier can run OS X shell programs, so, in theory, it could just issue ssh shell commands.

I'm not running OS X (I haven't had a Mac since 1998 or so), but I do a lot of shell-based SSH stuff and I'd think it'd work quite well. First make SSH work right from the OS X shell, then try getting Frontier to trigger those same commands.

And, hey, let us know if it works.

-- David

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.