New Message: RSS Cloud element

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Feb 13 14:13:47 CST 2006

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14357

By: Paul Donaghy (Pauldon16 at hotmail.com)

Hi,

My name is Paul and im currently a final year student at University. I have been assigned a project on RSS, which involves implementing the RSS cloud element using xml rpc, and java as the programming language. What i plan to do, is to create a working implementation of the cloud element so when a user subscribes to an RSS feed they will receive updates immediately. I just have a few queries about how the cloud actually works.

Does the cloud store the list of subscribers and procedures to call in a database. What form of nofication is a user given when a feed is updated,the updated feed itself or just a notifcation message. All help and tips and anything i should be thinking about would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.