New Message: Serving gems with Frontier

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Jan 11 05:45:50 CST 2006

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14336

By: D (d.mowat at gcal.ac.uk)

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had advise about serving gems from frontier. I am testing the serving of gems using frontier 9.5 on OSX so I don't require a separate apache server. I setup File Uploads in the admin settings and also added the /files/ path to the domain page. So far so good.

As a test I tried serving an mp3 from frontier. However, instead of my browser playing the mp3 in my plugin as it would from apache I get a lot of code and nonsense text displayed on the browser.

Will frontier not work with media plugins? Are there any other disadvantages of serving gems from Frontier?

Thanks,

Darren