New Message: Re: Editing db Causes Excess CPU Usage

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Jan 17 17:16:16 CST 2006

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14342

By: David Detlefsen (detlefsend at enovatia.com)

Most recently (today) the problem occured editing a table name. There are two objects in the table: one string and one number.

I had compacted manilaWebsites.root about 3 weeks ago (when I transfered the site from one machine to another). Current size of manilaWebsites.root is 53M.

I had suspected some DB corruption initially but I've recently transferred the manilaWebsites.root to yet another machine (Mac OSX) and have had no editing problems there.