New Message: Re: Shutting Referers Off

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Nov 22 17:38:23 CST 2006

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14530

By: Lawrence Lee (lawrence at userland.com)

Hi Ken,

We've released a Manila update that will allow you to disable referers on your server. Update manila.root and mainResponder.root to receive the updates.

You can visit the Logging and Statistics page in the Frontier Admin site to disable the preference. Uncheck the box for "Check this box to log referer stats for each Manila site."

You can also delete all the entries in the config.manila.stats.referers table to get rid of the existing entries.

If anyone wants sample script to clean up Manila referers tables, let me know. The cleanup currently works when someone visits the referers page for their site.

Lawrence