New Message: Re: Spinning beach ball cursor, Frontier locked up on Mac OS X

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Sep 2 06:04:52 CDT 2006

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14472

By: Jeremy Reichman (jaharmi at mac.com)

The OS version did not change; I literally moved the same hard disk from one computer to another.

I'll check the CPU usage and threads the next time it happens. It's getting more frequent; I'm now restarting Frontier every 20 minutes and that doesn't appear to be enough to hold off the lockups.

The robots.txt is very plain -- I've never changed it -- and loaded fine after I'd restarted Frontier. I'll try again when it's been running a few minutes. The file is just:

# Default /robots.txt File for all Community Architect Partner pages

Disallow: /cgi-bin/