New Message: Best Way To Lock-up CreateASite?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Jan 29 07:08:16 CST 2007

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14559

By: ken tompkins (ken at loki.stockton.edu)

We are being hit by spammers who have finally figured out how to create blogs on our site.

Is the best way to limit blog creation restricting email confirmation to the college IP?

Is there a better way?

(Our CreateASite is produced using the HostingSuite macro and there doesn't seem to be a way to make that page accessible, say, to editors only. This might be the simplest way but I can't make that page Editors Only accessible.)

ken tompkins