New Message: Running Frontier as a service under Windows?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Jul 5 08:38:49 CDT 2008

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14621

By: Simone Bettini (simone at evectors.it)

does anybody have some experience in running Frontier as a service under
Windows? We've been asked from a customer of ours to setup a windows box
this way... I know it should be possible, but I don't know wich
drawbacks/possible problems this could generate.

I know we would miss any UI, so what should we do when we need to do
some mainteinance? Stop the service and start Frontier manually?

How would be crashes and periodical self shutdowns of Frontir be
managed?

Any help will be greatly appreciated...