New Message: How to use table.jettison?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sun Aug 7 23:05:44 CDT 2005

By: Ryan Hale (ryan.hale at levistable.com)

Hello Everyone -

I am getting an error with one of my sites that is causing problems on others. The error is:

Sorry! There was an error: Can't save the database because there was
an error packing
"bethkeckManilaWebsite.#discussionGroup.messages.0009382": Internal
database error: attempted to assign to a free block. Try to Save a
Copy and relaunch with the new database.

I have been doing some searching and reading and found this string:

http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$11242?mode=topic

In following the instructions there, I have created a backup of my GDBs and am attempting to use the table.jettison command to get rid of message # 9382 as I have not been able to even get into the messages table inside of #discussiongroup as I continue to receive the error that says "Internal
database error: attempted to assign to a free block. Try to Save a
Copy and relaunch with the new database." For the record, I can't save a copy either because of the same error.

So I have come to the table.jettison option but not knowing much about scripting, I am evidently putting the syntax in wrong. Here is what I have tried:

table.jettison (@"bethkeckManilaWebsite.#discussionGroup.messages.0009382")

table.jettison (@"bethkeckManilaWebsite.["#discussionGroup"].messages.0009382")

table.jettison (@["C:\\Frontier\\Guest Databases\\www\\manilaWebsites2.root"].bethkeckManilaWebsite.["#discussionGroup"].messages.0009382)

I continue to this message when I try to run the script:

"Can't compile this script because of a syntax error."

Can someone give me an idea of where to go from here?

Thanks,

Ryan

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.