New Message: Re: Apache configuration help

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Aug 19 17:45:11 CDT 2005

By: Matt Deatherage (frontier at gcsf.com)

I believe I've found the answer:

Apple's default httpd.conf file for Mac OS X Server does not include a "NameVirtualHost" directive, and somehow my old one did. Adding it /seems/ to have fixed the problems.

I've followed Eric's lead and pulled all of that into a separate .conf file so, with luck, I won't have to go through this again. Up next: trying to figure out how to make gems for all the sites use URLs with the site names and not the server name.

But not today. :-) Thanks to all for assistance.

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.