New Message: Re: Configuring Gems Size Limit on a per site basis.

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Dec 15 15:40:44 CST 2005

By: Dan Schmit (dschmit2 at unl.edu)

Lawrence,

Thanks for the link. However, I'm still a little confused.

The instructions say:

In the Frontier application, go to the site source. Expand the #newsSite table, expand the gems table, expand the prefs table.

***I got to this point just fine. ***

In the prefs table, set flEnabled if you want to specify whether or not gems are enabled for this independently of the global server setting.

***here is the problem...there isn't an "flEnabled" item in the prefs table. Was I supposed to add it? How do I go about adding it?***

Set limit to a number to use as the number of bytes (bytes in this case, not megabytes) that this site may use on disk. Set this only if you want the site setting to over-ride the global setting.

***there isn't an item for this either.****

AmI just in the wrong place? Can you add a screen shot to that instruction to give a little better context?

Thanks for your help. :)