New Message: 9.5 Upgrader Problems

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Jul 12 12:00:41 CDT 2005

By: Ryan Hale (ryan.hale at levistable.com)

Hello Everyone -

I am having some difficulty in upgrading to 9.5 and I am hoping I can get some direction from you all.

I am upgrading from 9.0 and have followed all of the standard upgrading instructions. I am able to get to the point where the Admin Panel will open and I can see it and any websites that exist in the manilaWebsites.root file, but none that are in manilaWebsites2.root nor manilaWebsites3.root. The message in Manila just continues to say "Upgrader: Saving databases..." so that led me to believe that there is either an error during the upgrade process or that my databases were so large that it was having difficulty crunching through all of the data in those DBs.

Upon trying the upgrade process again, I first compacted the databases and replaced the existing DBs with the new compacted .root files (now 150MB, 250MB, and 15MB), but after walking through the upgrader, I still have the same problem in that the "Upgrader: Saving databases..." just continues to show in Frontier after about 45 minutes of waiting for the process to end. Again, when I turn on the web server, I can see the sites in the first database, but none beyond it.

I am on a Win2003 server with a P4 3.06 GHz processor and 1GB of RAM. Any help you all might be able to give would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ryan

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.