New Message: Error 553?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Jul 18 15:12:05 CDT 2005

By: Ryan Hale (ryan.hale at levistable.com)

This was a new one for me today. Did a search and didn't come up with anything, so I thought I would throw it to the group.

Upon adding a new managing editor to a site through the Admin page, I received this message:

Sorry! There was an error: Can't send mail because of an unexpected server response. I said "RCPT TO: " and the server replied "553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)".

I think that it is just saying that it can't send the invitation email to the new member. Can someone help me with turning off this list of allowed rcpthosts? Or maybe I wouldn't want to?

Thanks,

Ryan

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.