New Message: Re: Need to relaunch Frontier to make it visible to web clients

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Jul 26 19:01:05 CDT 2005

By: Lawrence Lee (lawrence at userland.com)

Can you delay the startup of Frontier somehow like 2 minutes after a restart?

Lawrence

===

Tom Clifton on the Manila-Users list:

Dan,

My guess would be a problem with port forwarding, or more specifically the timing of Frontiers request for port forwarding. I think this needs to be done after all other requests.

I used to run into this occasionally when I have changed my firewall and Frontier wouldn't accept requests until restarted.

My fix was to I change the firewall to one that didn't use ipfw.

Not sure if this helps, but...

Tom

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.