New Message: [FEATURE REQUEST] ability to ping other services such as audio.weblogs.com

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri May 20 11:56:01 CDT 2005

By: Thomas A. Creedon (thomas at creedon.net)

Please add the ability to ping other services such as audio.weblogs.com when various updates occur.

I can see a need to a fair amount of flexibility.

I might want to ping just one service which I can set.

I can see that I might want to ping multiple services. For example, a podcast website might want to do the normal ping for the homepage and another ping for the RSS feed to audio.weblogs.com.

I can see that I might want to be able to have different news item departments be able to ping different services. Useful if you have a mixed use website, a mixture of podcasts and regular news.

Toodle-loooooooo..........
Thomas

editHere.com [1] website hosting service. "Websites as easy as see it, edit it, save it! SM"

[1] http://www.editHere.com/

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.