New Message: Re: Streaming video

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Nov 7 21:17:15 CST 2005

By: Thomas A. Creedon (thomas at creedon.net)

Hello Martin,

Yes. But Manila itself won't do the streaming for you. There are a couple of ways to go...

1) Get some software that you can put on a computer that will take a snapshot from your camera and post it onto a server. Then just point to the image from a webpage on your Manila website. From there you can decide to add some kind of auto refresh with a meta tag or some javascript.

I think newer versions of Manila will allow you to make a template for just one webpage of your website that you can put your refresh code into with effecting the other pages in your website. v9.5.x?

2) Get some software/server that can capture and serve streaming video on a website. The software should have some instructions on how to get the stream to show up on a webpage.

If you tell us more about your situation, computers, budget we might be able to point you to some solutions.

A search on the web should be helpful.

Toodle-loooooooo..........
Thomas

editHere.com [1] website hosting service. "Websites as easy as see it, edit it, save it! SM"

[1] http://www.editHere.com/