New Message: Excel Gems

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Nov 11 11:37:26 CST 2005

By: James Haskell (jameshaskell at foxracing.com)

I'm unable to successfully create Excel gem files on Manila 9.0. The gem is created, but when I click on it, it opens up meaningless garbage in the browser window, rather than starting Excel.

Notes:
- Word documents work fine. So do PDF's.
- On the the gems page, word documents have type: "application/msword". The excel files have type: "application/vnd.ms-excel".
- I've tried both the current Excel format, as well as Excel 5.0/95 format. Both behave the same.
- I've tried both IE and Firefox. Both behave the same.

Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated!

James Haskell
IT Director
Fox Racing