New Message: Manila 9.5 preferences broken?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sun Oct 2 20:49:41 CDT 2005

By: Matt Deatherage (frontier at gcsf.com)

Did some kind of code from 9.6 slip into 9.5 production servers? For the past day or so, I can't access the prefs on any Manila site on my server. I always get "Sorry! There was an error: Can’t call the script because the name “sitePrefs” hasn’t been defined."

I also have problems logging out and in other places. When I try to debug it in mainResponder, it seems to be looking for a lot of objects in manilaSuite.accessControl that, well, aren't there. It's also hard to debug because it's a managing editor-only page, and so I have to try to get a cookie in a table somewhere before I can get this far, and it's all very painful.

I tried installing 9.6b1, but that only caused a lot more of the same errors (lots of scripts calling objects that I don't have installed and that the 9.6b1 installer did not add), so I reverted to my 9.5 backup and am out of ideas. I'd like to get to the prefs pages of the sites.