New Message: More Manila 9.5 problems

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Oct 4 14:17:27 CDT 2005

By: Matt Deatherage (frontier at gcsf.com)

I swear that something Manila is out to get me.

After having used Jake's root update method to update all four of Manila's main root files (Frontier, mainResponder, prefs, config), I found access restored to all of the prefs pages that I had previous lost.

Now I can't edit any message on any site. Clicking /any/ "edit" link gives me:

*/Sorry!/ There was an error:* Can’t call "editForm" because there are too many parameters.

I even went so far as to try to debug this in mainresponder.respond, by first turning on flDebug, trying to access the editing form, and then grabbing the request parameters out of the debug log and using them in mainResponder's testing table (since I have to have the right cookie to even access an editing form).

MainResponder did not stop with an error - it completed normally. I saw this the other day with some errors too.

Also, when I try to access any site on the admin page (serverURL:5336), I get a similar error, but this time it's "can't call 'getList' because there are too many parameters."

And here's another fun one. Here's the message I was trying to edit:

<http://oubandalumni.org/discuss/msgReader$226>

As you can see, the discussion page doesn't have any body text, only the (macro?) "[[_bodytext_]]". I was trying to edit it to prohibit access after today, so it doesn't show up on the main news page and yet I don't have to delete it later.

I can't imagine what's gone wrong here. :-(